14 Jan Gourmet Grilled Cheese
It was down-home, down-right delicious as Laurie served up a selection of gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches at her LOL meeting this week. The girls gobbled these up, finishing them off with a glass (or two) or rich red wine. A perfect offering that warmed our hearts and stomachs on a cold January night.
What you Need:
1) A selection of fresh breads including sour dough & whole grain
2) Butter (mais oui)
3) Gouda, Harvarti, & Cheddar Cheese slices
4) Roasted Red Peppers
5) Thinly sliced apples
6) Caramelized Onions
What You Do:
We all know how to make a grilled cheese, right? So Laurie says it’s as simple as this:
1) Take your sour dough bread, slap some gouda cheese and roasted red peppers inside and grill that girl up (buttering the outsides of slices…mais oui).
2) Do the same thing with the whole grain bread, but put those apple slices and cheddar cheese inside
3) How about whole grain with Havarti and caramelized onions?
In closing, our LOL cheese griller says, “Can I doll these up anymore for you?”